Friday, September 17, 2010

Put it Into Action

Sometimes God's sense of humor just makes me laugh... After I figure out it's funny.

My last two posts have been on waiting and being patient, and being patient while you wait. All of which I've been trying very hard to do in my every day life, especially in regards to waiting to find out if I was accepted to a particular college. It's been a little over 4 weeks since I applied, and I've been waiting (for the most part patiently) to hear back from them. I'd kind of gotten into the groove of just.. Not worrying about it. I'd applied, and there was nothing further I could do. Or so I was telling myself ;-).

Then, last night I was talking with a friend about it. About how even though not knowing what was going on with it was slightly frustrating, it was a great chance to sit back and wait and see what God was going to do.

Today I found out that my application had been "lost." As far as the University is concerned, I haven't applied, but for some reason they have my transcripts sitting on their desk... Lovely. Not going to lie, I wasn't thrilled with that bit of information. I went into the break room, sat down, and prayed... Prayed that God would help me not to freak, and show me something through it. Finding out an application that was supposed to be "early" became "not so early" is kind of frustrating. I e-mailed my advisor up there, and while we don't know where the application went, I was able to re-apply online and they should receive it on Monday.

*heaves sigh of relief*

So once I finished all my e-mailing and calling and such (which according to my boss, I did calmly), I realized. Everything I've been trying to practice about patience lately, paid off a little bit today. And, on top of that - instead of freaking, I prayed. Granted, there was a little bit of freaking, but I've reapplied and all is good.

Now the question is, why did I just post that? Because it amazes me how God prepares us for things that we are going to encounter. When we truly start to trust Him and His plan, things like this don't send us into a crazy tizzy. Instead, we can go to Him and find comfort, or peace. Or both. He tells us not to worry about tomorrow, because He has it under control. We just need to stay in the here and now, trusting His will.


No comments:

Post a Comment