Sunday, October 3, 2010

Little Children..

(Me, to a little girl) "What's one of your favorite things?"

*she pauses for a minute*

"GOD!"

"Ok, but what's your favorite thing? Like a toy, or a kind of food?"

"God, 'cause He's best!!! *pauses* Oh, and cats!"

I love kids. I really, truly do. I look forward to the week every month that I get to work with the K-5th graders in church.Today, we were discussing envy and being thankful with them... Thus the above conversation. Each of the kids was supposed to come up with something that they own that someone could envy. This little girl was adamant that God was the most important.
It's precious, she just asked Him into her heart probably about 3 months ago and she carries her Bible with her everywhere. She made it quite obvious today where He places in her life... The look I was given when I re-asked the question was priceless. She couldn't understand why I would question her beyond that answer. God is truly #1 in her little life, even above her cats ;-).

If only we all could be this innocent and pure in our love for Him. We get so caught up in our day-to-day lives that He falls below. Our trust isn't as strong as it should be. We don't go to Him before we worry and freak out about things. We get angry.

I was very thankful for the reminder today to love God with the intensity a child does. To them, it is so simple. God loves them, He sent His Son for them, and because they asked Him to, He lives in their hearts. They don't worry about the big questions of theology like when the rapture will happen, or whether or not you can lose your salvation. They keep it simple simple and their Love for Him stays pure, and their Trust stays strong.

If you've ever watched a little kid talk about Jesus and/or God, you can see it. They're very matter-of-fact about it and they just lay it all out. There aren't any hidden details. He loves them, and they Love Him. Enough said =).

My challenge to myself this week - Love Him like a child. When I start getting to caught up in what's going on, to step back and remember that He Loves me and I love Him, and that it really is that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment