Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dreamer

I am a dreamer... I love to sit and just get lost in my thoughts. Whether it's while I'm first waking up, falling asleep, or sitting in class... I love to dream. It just seems like there are so many things to think about, so many different things that could happen! It really is exciting!
If you look at a little girl, they're usually playing dress up of some kind or another. I was one of those! I remember all the weddings I acted out, all the times I played "house." I loved house!! It was the best game ever, because anything could happen! Even at a young age, I loved dreaming. It seems to me life is too exciting to not get excited about.
Dreaming is fun and usually harmless, but we/I have to remember that God does tell us what kinds of things we should be thinking/dreaming about.

Finally, brothers (sisters),
whatever is true,
whatever is honorable,
whatever is just,
whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely,
whatever is commendable,
if there is any excellence,
if there is anything worthy of praise,
think about these things.
(Philippians 4:8)

There are so many things I could say.. But I really think that passage speaks for itself. It's important that when we dream, we're being careful what we let into our heads. It doesn't necessarily have to be BAD... But is it beneficial to you, or is it just filling you with discontent? Is it helping you to pursue your dreams, or depressing you because you think they'll never really happen? Is it an honorable dream for the time being, something that you should be dreaming about now? Is it worthy of praise, would God be supportive of your dream?
Dreams can be a great thing. The dreams I have about my future life help keep me going on the lousy days. They also help keep things in perspective.
Dream - Let your dreams inspire you and push you on to bigger and better things. Let God write your dreams, follow His lead, and your dreams just may become reality!


No comments:

Post a Comment