Thursday, October 28, 2010

Courage

This is going to be a little bit random, so bear with me... But I wanted to write this down so that I would remember it. Being the college student that I am, it's faster to type it than write it out on paper ;-).

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him,
and I am helped;
therefore my heart exalts.
and with my song I shall thank Him.
(Psalms 28:7)

Wait for the Lord;
Be strong, and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord.
(Psalms 27:14)

I came across both of these in my devotions the last couple days. I'm at a point right now where I am waiting to see what God's plan is for me after this coming May. I'm moving ahead, but also kind of standing still at the same time... I might be leaving home for a year, but I also know there's a possibility I might be staying here. The idea of leaving is exciting and also absolutely terrifying, especially when I realize next fall really isn't that far away... But then again, neither is the spring after that!

But that's not the point ;-). While I was reading these verses I was reminded that I am to wait on the Lord's plan, and His timing. If I trust in Him with all my heart, He will help me. He will show me His plans and where He wants me to go. I can have courage right now knowing that He will lead me, He will show me where He wants me, and what He has in mind for me, is in fact, going to be amazing. Better than anything I could ever dream up... And that makes me smile =).

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya!! His plans are SO much better than anything we can imagine. For a while I was really concerned that my plans wouldn't work out.... What I came to realize is that I don't have to worry! Even if things don't the way I planned them, if I am seeking God and trying to acomplish what HE has for me things will go as He has them for me, which like you said is better than anything I could ever dream up!!

    Liv

    ReplyDelete