Friday, November 5, 2010

The Voice of the Lord

I'm getting backlogged in posts - I have so many that I start typing that never seem to make it to the "finished" stage. Maybe I'll be able to finish them over Christmas break....

But, in light of all the lovely weather we've been having lately, I wanted to share this.

The voice of the Lord is upon the waters;
The God of glory thunders,
The Lord is over many waters.
The voice of the Lord is powerful,
The voice of the Lord is majestic.
The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars;
Yes the Lord breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.
And he makes Lebanon skip like a calf,
And Sirion like a young wild ox.
The voice of the Lord hews out flames of fire.
The voice of the Lord shakes the wilderness;
The Lord shakes the wilderness;
The Lord shakes the wilderness of Kafesh.
The voice of the Lord makes the deer to calve,
And strips the forests bare,
And in His temple everything says,
"Glory!"
(Psalms 29:3-9)

The morning I read this was the morning of our HUGE windstorm. Our yard was a mess, the power was out, the waves on the bay were incredible, it was cold and rainy, and a great day to stay inside! I however, did not stay inside and went down to the breakwall on the bay that day to see some of the waves... InCREDible! It was almost impossible to stand up the wind was blowing so hard, but getting a glimpse of His majesty in the waves was totally worth it =). This is not a case of the "still small voice," but the "blustering loud voice!"
I love though, how this passage is all about God's Glory. He is the power behind the wind, rain, and "flames of fire" (is that an awesome name for lightning, or what? I'm never calling it lightning again!). He controls everything - everything submits to Him - and everything in His temple says "Glory!"

The wind whistles "Glory!"
The waves pound "Glory!"
The trees crack "Glory!"

His power and might make me feel so insignificant and yet so loved. To know that the One Who controls everything loves ME and has chosen me to be His daughter, is an amazing thought. It gives me a purpose beyond going from one day of school to the next... A purpose to seek His voice in the Storm.

1 comment:

  1. Job says that He sends the wind from it's storehouses...I love the imagery of the Scriptures and I love you dear daughter of my heart!

    ReplyDelete