Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Thoughts

Easter Sunday is tomorrow... Preparing for Worship I am listening to the set list as I do my homework (or rather, as I am continually getting distracted and not doing my homework).

Broken people call His name
Helpless children praise the King
Nothing brings Him greater fame
When broken people call His name

Lift high, your chains undone
All rise, exalt the Son
Jesus Christ, the Holy One
We lift our eyes to You

Sinners all exalt the Son
Your ransom paid and freedom won
We will see His Kingdom Come
When sinners all exalt the Son
(Lift High)

I never knew death could be so sweet
I never knew surrender could feel so free
I never seen such meekness in majesty
That the blood of Jesus was bled for me

And now I sing freedom for all my days
It's only by the power of the cross I'm raised

The King of Glory rescued me

How beautiful the blood flow
How merciful the love show
The King of glory poured out
Victorious are we now

Never knew through these nails would love unfold
And never knew these wounds would heal my soul
I've never seen such beauty and sorrow meet
The blood of Jesus was bled for me

And now I sing freedom for all my days
It's only by the power of the cross I'm raised
The King of Glory rescued me
(Beautiful the Blood)

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow =).
And one of my current favorites..

At the cross I find the beauty of Your matchless grace
At the cross I see a King who died to take my place
It's the moment that You made me clean and pardoned my soul
Amazing grace that I would be allowed unto Your throne
Not by my own will but solely by Your will alone
I'm unworthy of this love you have shown to me
I see my desperate need

The beauty of the cross is that there's One who has redeemed my soul
Beauty of the cross is that I'm finally free and letting go
Beauty of the cross is that Your grace has found me just as I am

Not by my own works that I may boast or I may come
But simply through your Son the sinless and Exalted One
Only through the cross that I'm made clean to draw near to you
Saved so that you would receive all glory due Your name
Everlasting God from age to age you never change
A true love story remains for all eternity
That all the world would see

My sinful soul could only be
Redeemed by the blood of a sinless King
So you came to the world that You had made
Conquered sin on the cross and You rose from the grave

That's the beauty of the cross.



1 comment:

  1. How can a cross, holding someone so battered and bloodied be beautiful? Someone made it so--His name, JESUS.
    KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

    HE is not here, He is risen, just as He said.

    We serve a God Who does what He says He will do Hannah--He can be counted on,
    He will never forsake us,
    He will never be too busy to help us,
    He will not hold our sins against us to punish us,
    He will always love us--

    Mom

    ReplyDelete