Tuesday, February 14, 2012

V-day

Today was not the expected Valentine's Day... But I am so thankful for the opportunity to see how many people care for me. The people who call/text to see how I'm feeling. Who follow me through dr appointments. Who take me to Walmart to buy what I need. Who show generosity through a simple card. Who make me laugh when I'm trying to find the right decongestant. Who ask how I'm doing in class. The person who gave all the girls in my program a carnation. Who show incredibly patience at my indecision with powerade. My Valentine from God. Which came at perfect timing. The roommate who took care of my rose from God while I was gone, so it wouldn't die...

It doesn't take a big act to show someone that you care. It doesn't take a heroic, loud, or surprising act. It can be as simple as taking your friend to the ED and sitting and waiting for her, never complaining. It can be texting someone, to see how they are and letting them know you're praying. It can be a note to your daughter, letting her know you're thinking of her. It can be talking to your daughter, making her laugh when she feels so lousy. It can be putting together an assortment of treats to show your best friend that you pay attention to the little things. It can be a FaceTime chat to talk before homework commences.

Just showing someone that you *know* them, and care? Priceless. The people who pay attention to the little things.. Those are the people who make Valentine's day, and every other day out there, special =)


No comments:

Post a Comment