Saturday, February 4, 2012

Obey

I had every intention of writing out a huge, long, wordy post this weekend.

Alas, a recurring sinus infection has made it so that I am a dizzy, tired, achy, and uncomfortable to say the least.

I have spent my day with nasal sprays, high amounts of liquids, and having the least amount of lights in my room on as possible. Which is a bummer, because it was actually beautiful outside today.

My continual thought for this week has been this...

My Love for God is measured by my obedience to Him. I cannot obey Him if I do not know Him. And I cannot know Him if I do not spend time in His Word.

I asked Him to give me a hunger for Himself and He responded. He has shown me more in these past two weeks than I almost cared to know. He dug at the tiny things that I thought weren't important, until He loosened them out of my grip. It wasn't pleasant. It hurt. But when He was done, and when I let go? I felt a sense of relief, and I knew that I had pleased Him.

Thankfully, He hasn't asked me to surrender decongestants, antibiotics, or saline nasal spray ;-).

Love the Lord, all His faithful people!
The Lord preserves those who are true to Him,
but the proud He pays back in full.
Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the Lord.
(Psalms 31:23-24)



1 comment:

  1. I surrender all, I surrender all,
    all to Jesus I surrender,
    I surrender all...
    I love your heart and you honey..
    Mom

    ReplyDelete