Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mrs. Santa

Completely off the normal Hannah-topics... I love my little personal blender. As a college student, this thing is possibly more valuable than a microwave. At least for a college student who loves fruit and yogurt. My current frugal (cheap) combination? Frozen fruit (mix of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries), one little Yoplait yogurt, and purple G2 powerade to thin it up a tad. (I had bananas, but they seem to go bad in this room faster than I've ever seen before) It's an easy fix, more nutritional than the cafeteria's offerings, and definitely yummy! And the best part? Being a single serving blender, cleanup is a breeze.. Rinse it out once.. Throw in some soap.. Some hot water.. Shake it around.. And voila! A clean blender and a happy Hannah =)

The neat thing about this blender? When I was doing my first clinical, I was talking with one of my patients, we'll call her Mrs. Santa, about my college experiences(she was also in the healthcare field, so she asked me *lots* of questions), and she asked me if I had one of these. I told Mrs. Santa that I didn't, but it was on my Christmas wish list. On my last day of clinical, she showed up with one and plopped it in my lap. I was shocked! I tried to thank her, but she refused, saying that Santa had told her to deliver it early for him ;-). I am fairly certain this is the first-ever gift I have ever gotten from Santa! And it's not a "bullet," it's a high-end one that works incredibly well. I doubt she knows just how much she has blessed me by that small gift!

Just goes to show, a small act of kindness can go a long ways. She encouraged me to look for the little things I can do for other people to make their life easier/more joyful! What was so neat about the way Mrs. Santa did this for me was that she didn't look or ask for recognition. She just wanted to make me smile and show me her appreciation. I dare you to be a "Santa" this week(yes, I know it's almost February and I should be talking about Cupid, not Santa). Find something that you can do for someone, big or small, and do it in a subtle way. Don't do it for recognition, but rather do it with the attitude of blessing them and bringing them joy. They will notice, you will bless them, and it will please God!

1 comment:

  1. Does a care package mailed to a student 300 miles away from my doorpost count?
    (this is mom)

    ReplyDelete