Tuesday, January 3, 2012

One Hour

I have no long list of New Year's resolutions written out.. No bullet points, no goal sheets. I figure that with 12 weeks of classes, 10 weeks of clinical, graduating with my degree, and then my boards exam 2 weeks later, I will have enough goals and deadlines to kill a college student =P Instead of goals, I have a desire that has been pressing on my heart that I am going to make a commitment to this year.

What is it? Time with Him. I am going to set aside 1 hour with Him each week to pray. It'll be the same time every week. I've been mulling this idea for the past 3 weeks, and the more I mull, the more I want that time with Him. When it will be? I don't know yet, I'll figure that out exactly when I get to school.. But I know when it will be this week, and I am anticipating it.

My hope is that as I literally schedule that, it will become easier for me. I have a difficult time sitting and praying for an extended amount of time. *Especially* at school. But that hour is His!

You could say that I want I make this year focused on Him. I can't really even describe how I have come to desire and long to spend time with Him over this last semester. To talk to Him, and to *know* Him. Curling up with my Bible, praying, reciting memory verses that turn into a prayer... I love it. I really honestly, *love* it! This year is, for me, a year devoted to getting to really *know* Him. For Who He is, for what He has done, and for what He will do in this next year... I want 2012 to be about making lasting changes that will impact those who come in contact with me, for *Him*. 'Cause then this year will really, honestly count.

No comments:

Post a Comment