Sunday, January 8, 2012

Faith, Hope, Love

2012 is here and 8 days gone. 2011 was a fantastic year... Between graduating from the community college, working a job that I loved, and moving away from home... There was a lot going on. But it was my favorite year so far, I think. In 2011 I learned about really loving people for who they were. I learned to keep my mouth shut and listen. I learned to let other people go before myself. I learned to truly, honestly listen. And I learned to keep relationships strong even from 300 miles away.

Now here I am, dumped back into a cold 12x12 room, in the northern-most part of MI. I do not want to love. I want to put my head down, get through school, and get outta here and back home. It's not all bad, God has given me some friends here, and I enjoy being with them. I just.. Want to be home. A homebody, I am.

"Faith, Hope, and Love, these three. But the greatest of these is love"

Memorizing 1 Corinthians 13 over last semester and winter break, I have found myself praying that chapter more often than just reciting it. I prayed it when I needed patience or guidance in my relationship, I prayed it when my sisters were driving my crazy and I needed to respond kindly.

I don't want to pray that here. I just want to be.

I'm fighting that right now.. I'm fighting my desire to just get 'er done and get myself back home. And I'm fighting His desire, that I take this chance to Love the people that are around me, like I have been Loved by Him.

My selfishness will not get His will done. He placed me here, out of all schools, for a reason. Who am I to say that it isn't to speak into someone's life? I'm here to be patient, kind, unselfish, bearing all, believing all, and hoping in all He has said to me.

Mom gave me wall stickers for Christmas that are now above my desk.. "Faith, Hope, Love." Every time I have read that, my mind continues the verses.. I will be praying it frequently, because He knows that I need it. I'm going to look for a way to show Love to those I deemed unlovable last semester, and I am going to try to Love them in the only way I know how. Like He Loved me.

1 comment:

  1. Few moments match this one: being reminded the God of the Universe is tenderly applying His grace and mercy to my daughter's life...
    Keep listening to Him Hannie girl..
    then trust and obey..
    love you so much
    Mom

    ReplyDelete