Sunday, March 20, 2011

Family

You know what I've realized this weekend?
I love my church body. They are amazing.
Standing to the side of the room and watching everyone, there was so much to see....

The little kids, running from room to room. Yelling, chasing, tickling, throwing...
The new Moms, holding their baby, all the older ladies crowded around as they "ooh" and "ahh."
The young Dads, chasing their little ones from one side of the room to the other.. Catching them up, kissing them, and throwing them into the air...
The sweet people who served the meal today, laughing and joking with everyone who came through the line...
The tear-down crew, who cheerfully pull plugs, wind cables, stack chairs, move tables, take down lights...

Over all? I saw a family. A family that has been united in our Love for Christ, and our desire to glorify Him as we Love on the people that come through our doors. The friendship that we have is the kind that will stick out the hard times. It is the kind of friendship that will cause us to come together when one of us is going through a hard time. It is the kind of friendship that will live on forever one day in Heaven... When we worship together yet again, in His presence.


1 comment:

  1. I had those same thoughts yesterday Hannah! So if I blog about it, am I stealing from you? Honestly, that was what I was going to write about!
    I love our church body. They truly represent Christ.
    I loved too, seeing two of my children serving God yesterday--"two bookends" as someone aptly put it, on either side of the platform for worship time.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete