Monday, August 15, 2011

*gulp*

Until this week I never thought it would be possible to be excited and scared all at once.. I am not a person who enjoys new situations. I could live in one place the rest of my life (with the occasional vacation to Colorado, Florida, and maybe Israel) and be content with that. Yet in four short days, I move 6 and a half hours away from home for school...

God is stretching me in ways I didn't necessarily want to be stretched.
I don't want to move. I don't want to leave my family. I don't want to be so far away from my friends... But I am.

Why? Because I really, honestly, truly believe that is where God is leading me. For some reason, He wants me on the northern edge of the U.P. for the next year (give or take). For some reason, He wants me to be (completely) out of my comfort zone. He knows I will have to lean completely on Him, because I won't know where else to lean. I will have to learn to trust Him in an uncomfortable situation. I will have to learn to put Him first above everything else, without my parents right here to help keep me on track.

This blog is about to take a turn as I sort through life on my own... As I learn to continue letting Him write my story, living it so that those around me can see. I am being given an opportunity to start anew.. New friends, new teachers, new chances to shine Him. And that, is the exciting part =)

1 comment:

  1. Me too kiddo...stretching is painful but faith beckons us to believe God in these separation anxiety filled moments...
    just like a young, beautiful woman named Esther. Remember?
    She was taken from all she knew--and God used her faith in Him and her obedience and her courage, to save her people from annihilation.

    I realize you are not being taken, you have chosen to follow God's leading in your life.
    I also understand you are not necessarily going to save your family from extermination, but you are going to have to stand for Who you believe in, and that takes courage to go against the flow of modern thought and culture.

    This is a tad tongue in cheek my dear because I am trying to hold back tears..but I know with all my heart your foundation is on the ROCK--Jesus Christ and you will be solid and secure as you encounter other's differing beliefs and lifestyles. I am excited to be able to let you fly from this nest because you are ready--and that is what Moms do--

    Now that verse that talks about praying without ceasing will take on a whole new shine for me and your Daddy...

    Love you dearest daughter---thank you for trusting in God, for making much of Him in your life. Thank you for not just giving God lip service--you know His lovingkindness is truly better than life...

    Mom

    ReplyDelete