Thursday, August 18, 2011

Today

Today, I am thankful for my Daddy who stayed up until 1 AM talking with me. I am thankful for a man who Loves God, Loves his family, and is now tired because he knew I needed to talk.
I am thankful for a Mom who walks out into the living room to find out why neither of us have come to bed yet (this is the same Mom who left a box of Lucky Charms on my bed =D). For a Mom who greets me with a hug this morning...
I love my parents. I am going to miss them both immensely. This growing up thing is bittersweet. Some days it is sweet. Some days it is bitter. Today it is both.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you honey...I can't put it into words though..not really bitter but hard, uncomfortable and stretchy--heart stretchy..and it is also exciting because you represent Jesus Christ and our home and you do it well..
    thank you for giving my momma's heart such a blessing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. BYW, Lucky Charms and I are having a serious disagreement....

    I like them, but it is not being reciprocated!!

    ReplyDelete