Monday, August 22, 2011

College...

I still feel like I'm at summer camp. Granted, I've only spent two nights in my dorm room. But... When you have probably about 100 mostly freshman students going crazy with their new found freedom, it's hard to grasp that I am actually here for school. And that I'm going to be here for the next 12-13 weeks.. That definitely hasn't sunk in.

Being a transfer student, I don't have to attend the mandatory UNS (student success) class that 95% of the other people who are here do... SCORE!!!! This is going to give me a lot of time this week to hang out in my room, listening to podcasts and reading.
I would go explore the town like I want to so badly, but my car is unfortunately sitting on the side of a city street, dead. Stupid fuel pump. Hopefully I'll have that back to normal by the weekend though, so that I can go see the sights and hit up Walmart on the other side of the river.

I'm honestly psyched for my classes to get under way. In less then a year I will be a licensed PTA.. It's a little intimidating, but I cannot wait to get into the swing of the semester! My books look like a lot of fun (most of them), and I've met a couple other students who are in the program.

For now though, I'm content to enjoy the view from my dorm building and adjust to everything. My room, unfortunately has an incredible view of the gym parking lot =P. The other side of the dorm though, where our rec room is, has a one of a kind view across the water towards Houghton. I think I found my new devotion spot.. It'll be quiet there at 6 AM ;-).

1 comment:

  1. Stupid, dumb, expensive, but you don't have to pay for, fuel pump.:)

    You do have legs.

    Hope you're smiling because I am.
    Love you darling daughter...

    ReplyDelete