Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Listen

My post a couple weeks ago was about listening to what He was telling me. I spent the days after that struggling with myself. I felt like I was choking, when I didn't know what I was choking on. It took my finally coming to my end and asking Him to show me what it was that I was stuck on.

He showed me.

I said no way. Not applicable anymore.

He showed me again.

I shoved it to the back of my head. He didn't really want me to.

He showed me a third time in a different way.

I asked Him not to make me do that. I didn't want to eat that piece of humble pie.

He asked me again.

I gathered the courage and did what He wanted me to do. It. Was. Hard.

Never have I felt more worried about something that He asked me to do.. Honestly, to face something that had happened when I first started college and apologize to the people I most care about, I was terrified. I had never had to do anything like that before. I had never had to humble myself and apologize for something that I had shoved to the back of my head.

It wasn't hard because what I was apologizing for was some horrible thing. It was hard because I am a proud person and didn't want anyone to think poorly of me.

Me. Me. Me.

When I finally listened to what God was showing me, doing what He was asking me to do, He took that weight off my shoulders. When I humbled myself and did something for Him, He was with me. He took my heart that was in my throat and the butterflies in my stomach and held them.

He Loves it when we listen. He Loves it when we are willing to do the hard, the scary, the humbling, because we know that it will bring us closer to Him. Because we know that it will bring Him Glory, Honor, and Praise. It isn't easy. But believe me... It's completely, totally, 100% worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment