Monday, October 10, 2011

Home =)

Sometimes a short weekend at home is the most encouraging thing you can do.
After a week with many tests and practicals, little sleep, and lots of caffeine, I packed up and headed home as soon as my last exam was done.
The drive home was absolutely gorgeous. The colors were in peak, the roads were clear, and the sun was shining. I don't recommend making that drive on 5 hours of sleep, but a Starbucks Double-Shot Vanilla something-er-other dissipated any exhaustion as soon as it hit my stomach! I had Nancy Leigh DeMoss, James MacDonald, and John MacArthur to keep me company (along with a little Laura Story and Chris Tomlin for singin' along), and I felt like I got home a lot quicker than normal.
Seeing my family, my best friend, my other best friend, his family, and my church family was a fantastic pick-me-up. Lazy mornings with the family, movie night with the family, and laying around on the couches after church with my sisters "packed tighter than a litter of puppies," according to my baby sister. Being home also renews the feeling of homesickness a bit.. But I have to say, I am astounded that the semester has gone so quickly. Now that midterms are over, I have a week and a half until "fall break" (aka, a long weekend), and then I have three and a half weeks until I move close to home for my first clinical...  
I couldn't help but praise Him all the way home, and then all the way back up here. I can honestly say I don't mind the car ride anymore, because it's 6 hours of uninterrupted time with Him. I'm looking forward to doing it again.. In TEN days!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment