Saturday, March 31, 2012

T-14 Days

The end is IN SIGHT! 14 days from now I will be leaving campus. Before that, I have a final written exam in all of my classes (5 of those being Mon-Thurs next week), three papers to turn in, one PowerPoint to do, one group presentation to give, one Orthopedics/Therapeutic Modalities practical, one Neurology practical, one Massage practical, and one honors banquet to attend. Plus, I'm going home next weekend for 3 days (cannot wait). Needless to say, my view today has been the inside of the library... And the inside of a Cadbury Mini-Egg bag =D

When that's done? I'm not done, done. I'm just done with classes. I go to a large hospital about an hour and a half from my home for a 5 week/200 hour clinical. During which I have to compile and write a case study and study for the NPTAE (National Physical Therapist Assistant Exam). When that one is over, I go to a town which is two hours east-ish of my home, and do a clinical there for 5 weeks/200 hours, during which I'm expected to study 2-3 hours a day for the NPTAE, 6 days a week. That's the clinical where we are expected to be entry-level in all that we do, because it's the last thing we do before we are turned loose!

The end of June, I will travel back up to school for a 3 day seminar. We'll make sure we all have our paperwork in, and attend a two day prep course for the NPTAE. Two weeks later, I will take the dreaded NPTAE.

After that? I'm going on vacation with my family. And sleeping. And going on a really long bike ride. And reading something that I am not required to or assigned to read.

It's crunch time. I have three more months to stay healthy, in shape, and on the top of my game physically and mentally, and the insanity starts on Monday (which is why I'm eating the Cadbury eggs now!).

The idea of being done with school and starting work in the real world is a little intimidating. And honestly? I'm going to miss the friends I've made in my program and on campus. When you spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and then some with people, you get to know them!

But in a mere three months, I will have completed my goal of earning my degree. The license will follow shortly behind, and my current Mission will be completed, because of the strength given to me by my Master (God) since August... "I remain confident of this, I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. (I will) Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord." (Psalms 27:13-14) I can't wait to see where He takes me next =)

No comments:

Post a Comment