Saturday, September 10, 2011

Escape

I found the advantage to being in a dorm room on the *back* of the building!!! We don't have the sun shining in our windows all day long, resulting in a room that is at least 10 degrees cooler than the people on the front of the building. =D. On days like today, that is a definite advantage. It was around 80, with a light breeze if you got down by the water... So down by the water I got!

 (My dorm building is the one that is directly above the back of the boat,
with the long gray-ish roof)

I spent almost 4 hours there under a tree.. Reading, studying, highlighting, writing, and praying. It was a break from the noise, distractions, and insanity that is ever-present in a dorm. I have discovered just how easy it is to let time for myself slide. I get caught up in the homework, the tests, the open labs, sleeping, making new friends.. I forget about me. When I got to today, I needed me time. I have never been surrounded by so many people and felt so lonely. I didn't know that was possible, honestly. I needed time where I could study without interruption, but more importantly where I could spend some time pouring myself out to Him. I got less studying done than what I intended.. And way more praying than I'd hoped for.

He is good. He has given me many blessings over the past few weeks... I am in a place where I must lean on Him daily. To get through my classes and to Love those around me. It's been a challenge. But it's forced me to depend on Him and to make time for Him every day like I would for my friends back home. I have had to choose each day to delight in Him. To rest in Him. To wait for Him. To each day, ask Him to hold my hand. It's harder some days then it is others.. Some days I want to give up, go home, and be with the people I love and care about. But He has me here. He has established my steps and will be with me through them... From here to wherever He takes me next.


No comments:

Post a Comment