Friday, September 23, 2011

Shorty!

My baby sister is 12 today. This is not only her last birthday before she is a teenager, this is the first birthday I have not been there to love her, hold her, laugh with her, decorate her cake, and spoil her silly with gifts.

I love this kid. Maybe it's because of the age gap. Maybe it's because I was elated to have another little sister. Maybe it's because we are so much alike. I helped her with her school, I did her hair, I gave her baths when she was a teeny tot, I dressed her, I tucked her in bed, I read her books. And now, she doesn't need all of that any more. She is growing up into a confident, beautiful young woman. She seeks after God in a way only a young person can, with a desire to know more and a simplicity in her faith...

Shorty ~ I love you. I love who you are. I love who you're becoming.. I love a lot of things about you.. 
I love how cute you are when you're excited!

I love that I used to be taller than you. 
(I have a feeling that will change soon enough!)

I love that you do crazy things with Rach and I.

 I love watching you with Mom. You love to be right next to her.
Or on her, if you can get away with it ;).

 I love how you work hard! Usually without complaining!

 I love the goofy things we say and do!

 I love making you laugh =)

 I love your crazy outfit combos. You take after Rach with that one!!

 I love that you love being outside.. Even when it's cold!

 I love how you are not afraid to try new things. 
You are brave and you keep on, even when things hurt so badly.

 I love that you love horses. I have forever, and now you love them more than me!
(Even when your horse steps on my feet. Like she did in this picture ;-)).

 Don't forget, Shorty. When you fall off... You get back on.

 I love that you look like me =).

 I love that you love to read. All the time, every time, and every thing!

 I love that you help me be my best at everything I do!

 I love how you are so beautiful.

 I love how you are magnetically attracted to anything fuzzy.

I love it when you curl up on the couch with me to "do school."
(Neither one of us ever got anything done!!!)

 I love that you still love to hold my hand!

I love that you can make me laugh!



I love you so much, Shorty. It's been a crazy 12 years. We've been through a lot together. Animals, school, my graduating from high school, Mom being sick, losing friends and animals, your broken bones, my knee surgery, my graduating from NCMC, and now me off at Narnia ;).
Know that I love you, always and forever! It's really hard being so far away. But I'll be home soon and we can celebrate then =). 

I. Love. You. MORE.

=).

1 comment:

  1. This one almost made me tear up... tears of joy, of course!! :) I love the way you truly love and enjoy your little sister!

    ReplyDelete